In order for WFPICCS 2018 Congress to run smoothly, please read the below guidelines for Session Chairs and Poster Discussion Moderators.
Guidelines for Session Chairs:
- Approximately one minute before the start of each session, please ask people to take their seats, encouraging them to sit towards the front and center.
- You and your co-chair should introduce yourselves by name and affiliation. Then announce the title of the session
- Ask people to set their mobile devices to silent.
- You will be required to introduce the speaker and presentation title as indicated in the Mobile App. If you would like to give a detailed introduction of the Invited Speakers at the beginning of the presentation, you can view his/her Bio (if one was provided) on the Mobile App under the session information.
- It is imperative that each talk remains on schedule and does not go overtime.
- Expect the unexpected:
- Notify the AV Technician immediately of AV equipment problems
- If a speaker fails to attend the session, move to the next speaker.
- If the session gets ahead of schedule, do one or more of the following:
- Have questions prepared for the speaker
- Solicit questions from the audience.
- If you finish before the allotted time, you may let the session out early.
Guidelines for Poster Discussion Moderators:
- Please locate the Poster Boards in the Poster Area for your Poster Discussion session you are moderating, at least 5 minute before start of the session.
- The Poster Discussion Sessions are arranged by groups and the relevant Posters appear next to each other according to their Poster Board numbers. Please ask at the Poster Helpdesk if you have any doubt.
- You will be required to introduce the speaker and presentation title as indicated in the Mobile App. Please follow the schedule closely.
- It is imperative that each talk remains on schedule and does not go overtime. Each Poster Discussion Presenter will have 4 minutes to present his/her Poster (including 2 minutes for discussion).
- Please take the initiative when appropriate and help to stimulate questions from the audience. If needed, please try to formulate at least one or two questions for each presentation to ensure each speaker (if they leave time) is asked at least one question.
- If a speaker failed to attend the session: Move to the next Discussion!