Dear Colleagues and Friends,
It is our pleasure to welcome you to Singapore from June 9-13, 2018 for the 9th World Congress of the World Federation of Pediatric Intensive & Critical Care Societies (WFPICCS).
Both the local organizing and the international scientific committee are delighted to have the opportunity to collaborate with WFPICCS and organise its biennial congress in Singapore - the strategic heart of Asia and the junction between China and India.
Tailored to the entire WFPICCS community of clinicians, scientists, nurses and allied health professionals, this leading international pediatric intensive & critical care congress is the platform to advance professional knowledge, enhance skills, share best practices and engage with colleagues from across the globe, all striving towards a world where each child has best chance for survival and quality of life including its family.
WFPICCS 2018 will deliver another high quality scientific programme covering the latest developments in paediatric intensive & critical care from basic science to patient care and global health challenges. This stimulating programme is comprised of daily plenary sessions, expanded pre-conference workshops, and opportunities to meet and discuss specific topics with experts in the field. Don't miss this unique opportunity of having the leading pediatric intensive & critical care health professionals, meeting in Singapore from all over the world, and enriching our community's discussions.
Based on comments and feedback from participants of the 2016 WFPICCS congress, we have made some improvements to the 2018 programme including:
- Allowing participants from low-resource settings to register with a Super Early Bird reduced rate, ensuring everyone has the opportunity to participate;
- 60 oral abstract presentations;
- Poster guided walks held by world experts;
- All accepted abstracts to be published in the prestigious PCCM Journal.
Singapore is a thriving melting pot. It's cultural diversity and cosmopolitanism makes the city state an exciting and compelling destination for everyone and with English as a main language, it is easy to navigate and enjoy all Singapore has to offer.
So join us in Singapore for five unforgettable days of debate and discussion, to meet old friends and make new acquaintances.
See you soon! 再见! Jumpa lagi! விரைவில் நீங்கள் பார்க்க
PICC 2018 will have a positive impact on the global Pediatric Intensive and Critical Care response with the following objectives;
- To bring together the world’s experts to catalyse and advance scientific knowledge about Pediatric Intensive and Critical Care, present the most recent research findings, and promote and enhance scientific collaborations around the world.
- To bring together physicians, nurses, allied health professionals, scientists, and policy leaders to promote and enhance programmatic collaborations to more effectively address regional, national and local responses to Pediatric Intensive and Critical Care around the world and overcome barriers that limit access to prevention, care and services.
- To engage key, new and non-traditional stakeholders throughout the world in the development of and participation throughout the PICC 2018 Program.
- To illustrate the enormity of the human suffering in critically ill infants and children, and the economic cost if society fails to act on the scientific opportunities now available to improve the quality of care and clinical practice.
Industry Benefits of Supporting PICC 2018
• Promotes cutting-edge scientific research
• Contributes to the advancement of Pediatric Intensive and Critical Care on an international level
• Offers a unique opportunity to exchange ideas with renowned professionals from across the world
• Provides an ideal networking forum
• Offers unique exposure to worldwide markets
|2014||7th PICC||Istanbul, Turkey||1,544|
|2016||8th PICC||Toronto, Canada||1,550|
STATISTICS FROM PICC 2016 - TORONTO, CANADA
TOP 20 COUNTRIES
PARTICIPANTS BY WORLD REGION
North America 42% / Western Europe 25% / East Asia & Pacific ORim 17% /
Central & South America 11% / Middle East 3% / Africa & Atlantic 2%
PARTICIPANTIPAnts by professional role
PARTICIPANTipants by age
COMMITMENT TO THE HIGHEST STANDARDS IN CME/CPD
Kenes is committed to being a valuable and knowledgeable partner in the design and delivery of educationally strong, independent, transparent, and effective CME/CPD programs. Kenes is a proud member of the Good CME Practice Group
(gCMEp), a member organization contributing to improving health outcomes by:
- Championing best practice in CME
- Maintaining and improving standards
- Mentoring and educating
- Working in collaboration with critical stakeholders
For more information, visit: www.gcmep.eu
An application will be submitted to the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME) to provide accreditation by the following CME activity for medical specialists. The EACCME is an institution of the European
Union of Medical Specialists (UEMS): www.uems.net.
Industry Supported Sessions
Industry Supported Sessions slots are offered to industry as non-CME commercial/promotional sessions that are not accredited. As such supporters are free to choose their topics, invite speakers and control content, the session will be
indicated in the program as organized by the Supporter. Topic and program are subject to approval by the Congress Scientific Committee.
Information contained in the scientific program must comply with the applicable CME/CPD regulations. Scientific/Educational Program shall not include any commercial elements such as company names, products names, etc. Commercial information shall be kept separate and clearly differentiated from the scientific accredited content. Non educational activities may include promotional elements and shall not be accredited.